Banbury IT Wizard Limited(“BITW”) provides mobile on-site computer maintenance, support and consulting services (“the services”).
The services are provided to the customer subject to the following terms and conditions of service.
The customer agrees that by confirming a booking the customer agrees to the terms and conditions of service set out herein.
- Cancellation of any appointment must be advised to BITW no later than 2 hours on the day of the appointment. BITW reserves the right to invoice any customer where cancellation occurs less than two hours prior to any appointment. The charge will be equivalent to the first hour’s attendance as stated above.
- no fix – no fee policy if the engineer does not possess the necessary technical knowledge or ability to resolve the problem or complete the repair, then no charge is made to the customer, however a £10 charge may be applied to cover technician’s expenses.
If the engineer is able to resolve the problem or complete the repair, but is only prevented from doing so by the customer requesting the engineer not to proceed with the work, then the customer is charged for the engineer’s time spent to that point.
If the engineer is able to resolve the problem or complete the repair, but is only prevented from doing so because the customer does not possess the required software cd-rom or product key, then the customer is charged for the engineer’s time spent to that point.
If the engineer provides a clear and precise diagnosis of a failed component and the customer decides not to proceed with the replacement of the component, then the customer is charged for the engineer’s time spent to that point.
This policy does not apply to data recovery, computer virus or spyware problems or to cases in which the computer has been struck by lightning.
- Payment the customer will pay BITW the amount stated on the BITW invoice/work report at the time BITW attends the customer’s premises or upon receipt of invoice when goods are returned to the customer.
- BITW will attend the customer’s premises for the period agreed by the customer prior to or at the commencement of the appointment. BITW will endeavour to diagnose and/or remedy the problem(s) described by the customer at the commencement of the appointment. If the problem(s) has not been remedied at the end of the first hour of BITW attendance, BITW will discuss with the customer the options available. The customer may ask BITW to continue working on the problem(s) or make a further appointment. The customer may terminate the appointment at any time. On termination the customer will pay BITW the amount incurred in respect of any additional time, if any, beyond the first hour’s attendance.
- Payment is to be made by Card, cash, or BACS only.
- In the event of non-payment, default or dishonoured cheque BITW will charge interest at the rate of 15% per annum from the date of the invoice up to and including the date payment is made in full liabilities
- BITW accepts no liability in respect of any problem(s) it may not remedy due to any matter beyond its control including but not limited to the age, specification or condition of the customer’s hardware or software, customer’s failure to provide appropriate software discs, drivers or product serial numbers or any fault with the customer’s internet service provider.
- The customer hereby confirms that a full back-up of the customer’s hard-drive has been made prior to BITW commencing the services and that there is no legal restriction or impediment to BITW providing services to the customer.
- Liability – The customer prior to any work taking place must sign a disclaimer. Under no circumstances shall BITW be liable either in contract, tort or otherwise, to the customer, its employees, agents, or any third party, for any injury or damages, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of, or related to the services provided by BITW or out of the installation, de-installation, use of, or inability to use the customer’s computer equipment, hardware, software or peripherals. The customer will, upon demand, indemnify BITW in respect of any loss, damage or injury arising from the provision of the services. For the avoidance of doubt BITW has no liability for customer data lost or damage incurred in any circumstances whatsoever.
- Confidentiality BITW will maintain the confidentiality of the customer’s files and/or data and undertakes not to provide any customer information to any third party save in the event it is lawfully required to do so.
- BITW reserves the right to refuse the provision of services for any reason including but not limited to circumstances such as the presence of unlicensed or illegal software or material or material of an obscene or pornographic nature on a customer’s computer. If for such reason BITW terminates the services the customer shall be liable for and pay to BITW, at that time, the charges incurred in respect of time spent, in accordance with payment clause above.
- Goods provided by the Banbury IT Wizard or recommendations made to the customer or the where the customer may request that a product be provided by BITW in order that BITW can perform the services.
- All expressed or implied warranties, description, representations and conditions as to fitness or suitability for any purpose in respect of the services, including in respect of any product, including but not limited to any item of software, hardware or peripheral provided by BITW, are expressly excluded.
- For the avoidance of doubt, BITW has no liability as to the suitability for the performance of the services, of any product manufactured, sold or supplied by any third party, whether or not that product has been recommended to the customer by BITW. Any hardware, software or equipment provided to the customer shall remain the property of BITW until full payment is received.
- Where goods have been provided by BITW all original packaging should be kept for a complete refund if within the 14 day returns policy.
- Return visit & complaints policy in the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction with the service provided by BITW, the customer should immediately contact BITW on 01295 261292 within 14 days of completion of work. BITW will make an appointment for a return visit by the technician. The technician will endeavour to rectify the problem. If the cause of the dissatisfaction was due to a matter beyond the control of BITW, the customer shall pay for the additional time incurred at BITW normal rates. If the problem arose directly as a result of BITW previous attendance no further charge shall be made